Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top 10 Male Disney Songs

Disney has so many great songs. The most famous ones are from the females or duets, but I decided to focus on the songs sung by the males. Here is my list of the top ten Disney songs sung by males.

10. In Summer from Frozen

This song is funny. It is sung by a snowman named Olaf, who wants to experience summer. I cannot help, but giggle every time I hear the lyrics; I’ll finally see a summer breeze, blow away a winter storm. And find out what happens to solid water when it gets warm! The melody is also very nice and Josh Gad's delivery is perfect.

9. Out There from The Hunchback of Notredame
I like the dynamics of this song. The song starts off with Frollo's cruel, soothing voice. He tells Quasimodo to stay inside because the outside world will never accept him. However, the second half of the song that is sung by Quasimodo is completely opposite in tone and style. Quasimodo's booming voice of hope creates a cheery and upbeat mood. I actually like how the appealing aspect of the song is not Quasimodo's singing ability, but the emotion behind it.

8. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
I wish the people in my town sung about me like this. What better way to cheer up a man than to tell him he is the best thing ever?

7. Be Prepared from The Lion King
A great villain song. A song sung by a jealous and enraged villain named Scar. The song has a tango like beat to it, which makes it upbeat. I like how the song builds up and intensifies into a great war chant.

6. Prince Ali from Aladdin
Robin Williams is awesome. This is an upbeat party song. Williams can flawlessly weave in several impressions so fluently. He also has a nice, booming voice.

5. Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid
It was a tough choice between this one and the last song. However, I chose this song over Prince Ali because it is more upbeat overall and catchy. I always get this song stuck in my head all day even if I just listen to part of it.

4. Friend Like Me from Aladdin
All I can say is this song is Robin Williams at his best.

3. Friends on the Other Side from The Princess and the Frog
Keith David has one of the most bad ass voices ever. This villain song is dark, groovy, and catchy. The ending gives me goose bumps.

2. Why Should I Worry from Oliver and Company
Many people probably do not know this song. It is from one of Disney's least known films. However, it is very memorable. The song is sung by Billy Joel. When ever I play this song when I walk through town I feel like a boss. My favorite part of the song is when Joel sings, The rhythm of the city. Boy, once you get it down. Then you can own this town. You can wear the crown.

1. I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan
No one should be surprised this is the number one song. What else could it be? This is the manliest song on Earth. Nothing beats the chorus. (Be a man) We must be swift as the coursing river.
(Be a man) With all the force of a great typhoon. (Be a man)
With all the strength of a raging fire. Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment