Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thor: The Dark World (Movie Review)

This is one of those movies you rent over a weekend to kill off some time. I enjoyed the movie, but I don't feel like telling people they should see it. If you're looking for a fun superhero movie then you'll probably like it.
 

The plot was generic. The plot of survivors from a war trying to restore their race isn't new. The main bad guy is just an evil, old version of Legolas. He leads the dark elves against Odin. Their character design is ripped straight from the elves in Lord of the Rings. To be fair I think Tolkien based his elves on the same mythology, but they could have been more creative.

They had an interesting idea of having Odin behave like a bad guy to show that even "good" can actually be evil. However, the focus on it is not as big as it should have been.

The best part of this movie is Loki. I'm a Loki fan now. I won't say anything else about him because it would give away the ending, which is awesome by the way. The fight scene at they end where they play around with portals is creative and fun.

I can see why the Thor movies are not considered Marvel's best. I can't say I was into the first movie at all. I do not like Natale Portman and the comedic relief. They are not awful, but they are annoying. Thor himself is not that interesting, but he does have the potential to be. He is supposed to be this God figure that is in love with mortals. In the beginning the movie address this, but then it ends up being ignored.

Overall I like it, but there are a lot better movies out there right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment